NKOTB, support: Shontelle, Dublin January 21st 2009

Shontelle from Barbados, whose song "T-Shirt" is currently at nr.77 in the UK charts, together with an excellent DJ warmed up the crowd for the New Kids ...

Her voice was really good and her set was lively although a little long for my own taste. Both Shontelle and NKOTB mentioned the thrill of having a new president and the Dublin crowd cheered along. Barack Obama indeed could be the bringer of hope.

NKOTB was supported by live musicians and a good looking stage production. They were certainly entertaining and good at what they were doing but I couldn't help but notice that the vocal ranges of the band has changed in the last 15 years since their break up back then and some songs just didn't sound good or fitted their current look as grown men.

The dance routines were geared towards their mostly female audience and quite well executed. Songs from their new album "The Block" were more to my taste than their old stuff.

All in all it wasn't as bad as I had expected. This gig was a birthday gift to my girlfriend and I came along and I have to admit that I actually have been entertained, even though I would never have considered going to an NKOTB gig.


The new O2 Arena in Dublin was a brilliant venue

Acrobatics/Break Dance included

Reunited on stage: New Kids On The Block
Musician and actor Donny Wahlberg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08.04.2023 The Station, Cannock: The Devout

1991 - Kraftwerk

22.10.2021 The Station, Cannock: Tubeway Days